Thank you in advance to read my request here...
- Feb. 2014; sesamoid fracture
- Only in July 2014 (5 months after the fact) Doctors told me that it was fractured
- Walk boot (camwalker) for 2 months
- Stopping all activities, pain while walking
- Till end 2015 (2 years without change); many appointments with different specialists all through that time
- My pain was chronic and I was looking everywhere for answers (tried dancers pads with relief)
- In December 2015, for the first time, an orthopedic surgeon gives me an answer. He suggests surgery to shave/smooth the bone fragments to alleviate tendon irritation and pain. He told me that my case is very rare, seeing only one in 5 yrs.
- 1 year passed and I finally got my surgery on November the 4th, 2016 (partial sesamoidectomy); which was anything but standard and required on the fly adjustments and «had to go deeper » (as the doctor said)
- ; still can’t walk, I've got less pain but the inflammation persists and is distributed – sometimes I feel it in my big toe... lots of tension in tendon.
- I do daily massaging and stretching within pain threshold (not "assez fréquemment et sérieusement)
- Still not capable of foot flexing for movement
Thank you in advance for your opinion!