- Continue with the Wonderful Dr Wolfer and neural prolotherapy
- See if Dr Wolfer will look into Calmare Pain Therapy
- Consider adding low dose naltrexone 1-4.5mg/day
- Have an Rx for sublingual Ketamine for flares if occur
- Purchase Neuro-Eze and apply topically 3x/day
- Get Hannaford orthotics for protected weight bearing
- Continue Gabapentin/Cymbalta/Atavan for nerve stabilization
- Start daily Graded Motor Imagery with laterality flashcards and Mirror therapy
- Remember PT and exercise are crucial, PT you must start an exercise below pain level, and very gradually increase to restore lost function
- May consider 50%DMSO cream (99.9% Pure) with other topicals
- Vit C 500mg x 45 days or with flares
- 30 min to 1 hour meditation per day
- We await reading of the MRI CD
- Consider sleeping with Lidoderm patches
- Check Vit D3 level, make sure it is at 45-50
- Consider Somatic Experiencing (decreases sympathetic response)
- Consider gluten free diet, emphasize fresh whole foods, de-emphasize highly processed foods.
- Do Neural Flossing 3 times per day
- Increase Cardio--stat bike with weight on non painful area (like arch or heel). Exercise decreases glial inflammation.
Friday, May 30, 2014
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: Email thoughts on possible/present treatments
This is an email I sent a patient, whom I just met, with 14 months of CRPS. The neural prolotherapy from Dr Lee Wolfer as described in my last post is helping greatly. She still has metatarsal pain so I am making soft Hannaford orthotics and sent her some of my other thoughts below.
First of all Sally (name changed), it was a pleasure to meet you. Here are 2 links from my blog I would like you to see.
My general thoughts for now and in the future:
Hope this helps. Rich