- The heel area should be wide (Cuban style).
- The front area should also be wide
- The arch is comfortable and supportive
- The shoe should be easy to move through (from heel land to toe off) and not unstable in the heel/ankle area
- There is a strap in front of the ankle which stablizes the arch side of the heel
- The insole is cushioned and comfortable (protecting your foot)
- The front strap or toebox area really holds your foot in (this shoe has an adjustable strap) without torturing the big toe area (bunion) or your toes
- When landing on the shoe, the heel should engage only momentarily, with the weight transferring quickly to the arch and the front of the foot. You should not feel a jarring sensation when landing on the heel.