Just and update on my foot progress.
1. I continue the running program. I had a couple of set backs, the flu (off for 10 days) and swelling in my knee (off for 7days). I am not a runner so as part of this I am conditioning my cardio vascular health. I am taking 5 times on each stage, instead of 3. And I have added a couple of shorter durations in the middle, so this is taking me a little longer to complete. Yesterday was my first time running 6, walking 4. Completed without incident.
2. I continue to ice after every running session. Just to keep everything in check.
3. I am still using the bone stimulator daily. But since the company reset it, the time has been a little off so some days it records 2 sessions and some days none, but I try to do it the same time every morning.
4. I am still taking 600 mg calcium and 4000iu d.
5. I foam roll and stretch for 20 minutes after each run. Keeps the legs from cramping up. I did mention that I am not a runner and this is all new for me.
6. I am still wearing the hokas with all the special foot padding.
As for pain, there has been very little, so I think things are moving along nicely. I couple of times about 2-3, but I took some motrin, iced and laid off for a day and it was fine.
I did have a little shin pain around stage running 3 minutes. I just backed off the intensity of the running speed (from between 5.6-6.0 to between 5.2-5.5) and that all went away. I really don't need shin splints while trying to heal my sesamoid.
So for now, that is about it. Is there anything else I should be doing? Or do we need another visit?
Let me know, and thanks for getting me back on my feet.