Total Pageviews



Saturday, August 29, 2015

Shear Ban for Friction Relief

I have been happy with the use of this product in areas of shoes or orthotics that I want to eliminate friction stress. 

1 comment:

  1. I have been suffering from peroneal tendonitis for four years now and I'm hoping you can shed some insight on how I can kick this thing for good! Originally, my podiatrist recommended motion control shoes to control the torque in my ankle: that was a complete failure. I rolled both my good and bad ankle twice in a matter of hours.

    After this my local running store recommended a support shoe instead. These shoes are usually fine for a few weeks, but as soon as they start to break in the underpronation gets worse and worse. It's a weird combination of feelings: like the arch support is so heavy that my feet aren't touching the ground on the inside, but also that the heel has worn out so quickly that I feels like it isn't touching the ground either.

    I recently switched to a neutral shoe after the owner at another local running store was horrified that I was literally walking on the edges of my feet (and I have the ugly calluses along the entire edge to prove it). The neutral shoe has helped greatly. I feel significantly less later calf pain, but I can feel the tendonitis creep back in. It almost feels as though my feet slide from one side of the shoe to the other while I'm underpronating, and no amount of lacing can keep them in place. When I strike the ground evenly I have no pain, but when the edge of my foot hits the ground I can feel it right up the tendon.

    I've also tried a lateral heel wedge to no avail, and a full over the counter lateral insole. Are there any other options or am I doomed to pain? I can't understand how one ankle sprain 4 years ago has led to such significant change in my mechanics, I always just grabbed any old shoe and had no problems before.


Thank you very much for leaving a comment. Due to my time restraints, some comments may not be answered.I will answer questions that I feel will help the community as a whole.. I can only answer medical questions in a general form. No specific answers can be given. Please consult a podiatrist, therapist, orthopedist, or sports medicine physician in your area for specific questions.