- Nov. 2011. started noticing pain in bottom of right heel at the first steps of the morning
- Nov. 2011. took Ibuprofen for 2 weeks per primary doctor’s advice and stopped daily 2-mile run since then on
- Jan. 2012, while the condition of right heel is getting worse to 8 out 10 pain scale, I started noticing pain in bottom of left heel at the first steps of the morning. I started wearing orthotics since then.
- Feb. 2012. seen by a Podiatrist. Was told to do regular stretching.
- Mar. 2012. over stretched the Achilles tendon/heel bone insertional area. Having pain in the insertional areas of both feet since then. Stopped stretching since then.
- April-Sept, 2012, elevate my feet as much as I can during the day. Ice them before I go to bed at night. Symptom is getting better. Pain level improved 5 out of 10 scale.
- Dec. 2012. Started arch stretch. Plantar fasciitis pain appear to get better, but very slowly
- Feb. 2012. Started to massage calf muscles, plantar fasciitis pain appear to get better, but very slowly
- March, 2012. Started to have a lot more pain, new pain, in the lateral side of the heel of both foot.
- My doctor told me to stretch the calf muscle. But even a very gentle stretch will cause the insertional area quite painful.
Dr Blake's comment:
Thank you so very much for your email. I am gradually catching up from before my little Hawaiian vacation, so I apologize for my delay.
|Sunset from Waikiki Beach, Oahu, Hawaii|