Total Pageviews



Saturday, May 25, 2013

Severe Low Back Disease: Look to a Physiatrist for Rehab Help

I have severe spinal stenosis, spondylosis, pinched nerves, bulging disc & L4 & L5 out of place, degenerative arthritis, sciatica. What is my best options? I have had epidurals with no luck. Plus I need 2 joint replacements in both knees & it pisses me off more than anything when doctors or people in general tell me to exercise. I can't even stand up for 5 minutes without screaming pain in my back. I can hardly walk because of my knees. What are my options?

Dr Blake's response:
Unfortunately, this is the role of a neurologist or physiatrist to help you. Contact the office of Dr Irene Minkowsky in San Francisco to see if she knows someone in your area or what organization to contact. She is a genius in knowing what the role of surgeons, physical therapists, chiropractors, etc for your condition. She is a physiatrist with an osteopathic bent and definitely attempts rehab over surgery. Hope this points you in the right direction. Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving a comment. Due to my time restraints, some comments may not be answered.I will answer questions that I feel will help the community as a whole.. I can only answer medical questions in a general form. No specific answers can be given. Please consult a podiatrist, therapist, orthopedist, or sports medicine physician in your area for specific questions.