Total Pageviews



Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Shoe Wedging for Knee Pain

Many patients come into orthopedic clinics with knee pain. The exam is quite simple, an MRI ordered, and surgery suggested. I have done extensive work on knee pain and biomechanics. When I first joined the Center For Sports Medicine at Saint Francis Memorial Hospital in San Francisco, I was the only podiatrist. I was called upon daily to design wedges to off weight the injured knee area and allow it time to heal. So, if you have knee pain, seek the advice of a podiatrist, pedorthist, physical therapist to make sure your foot function is not the culprit or a contributing factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for leaving a comment. Due to my time restraints, some comments may not be answered.I will answer questions that I feel will help the community as a whole.. I can only answer medical questions in a general form. No specific answers can be given. Please consult a podiatrist, therapist, orthopedist, or sports medicine physician in your area for specific questions.