Hey Susan, great to see you again after 30 years or so. Here are the main points of our discussion.
- Ice Pack 10 minutes twice daily
- Dancer's Pads in any shoes you can
- Pad the top of your foot in tight shoes if you can find a spot that gives you less pressure.
- Learn to spica tape (kinesiotape, Rocktape, 3M Nexcare Waterproof tape)
- Avoid bending toe at least for the next month until you email me. This is not the time to increase range of motion.
- Go Shoe Shopping in Paris within the next few weeks.
- Review my blog on Hallux Limitus so you get some idea on the problem.