What are the Basic Components (in summary)?
- 1/2" flesh/pink soft plastazote (also called plastazote #1) full length acts like memory foam--never touch that layer with adjustments as it molds to the individual foot.
- 1/2" white medium plastazote (also called plastazote #2) sulcus length gives durability.
- After 30 hours of wear the initial compression has taken place, and the shoe fit is better.
- Barring any problems, the ortho is refurbished in 3 months.
- If the patient loves the orthotic device (and most do), they are encouraged to get a second pair around 6 months, for ease of refurbishing, and for alternating to save the life of the orthotics.