Total Pageviews

Pay Pal Donation

Please consider a donation if you feel the blog has helped you. A $5 donation will help me pay for the blog artwork, guest writers, etc. $80 has been donated in June 2017. I am very honored and grateful. Dr Rich Blake


Dr Blake's Book to Learn the Secrets of successfully helping your problems

I would love you to consider purchasing my book from Book Baby publishing. The printed book goes for $79.95, but the ebook is now available for $4.99. I hope it helps many people. Thank you. Rich (eBook) (print)

Book image not available.


Sunday, June 19, 2011

Taping for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction/Tendinitis

This video presents the use of 2 inch Kinesiotape to help support the arch relaxing the pull of the posterior tibial tendon. The various injuries associated with over pronation and the posterior tibial tendon are helped with this taping technique. The injuries include (although not exclusive): posterior or medial shin splints, posterior tibial tendinitis, os tibial externum syndrome, arch strain, and tibial stress fractures. This form of taping is a common adjunct to stable shoes, orthotic devices, and power lacing. For those of you unfamiliar with power lacing, the video below shows this powerful stabilizing technique.


  1. Hi Doc my injury is complicated and results from 16 major surgeries after complete loss of 22cm off my tibia. Two years ago I had a fibula/tibia transplant to support the tibia but still on one crutch I can walk without the crutch but with much pain within the tibia which has an expanding intra-medullary nail but mostly I believe my disability continues to be more out of fear than real physical pain and after 13 years on crutches the fear is overwhelming. What can I do to walk crutch free? Thanks Sylvia from Nairobi, Kenya

  2. Fibula/tibia transposition not transplant so I have screws and nails merging the two together.


Thank you very much for leaving a comment. Due to my time restraints, some comments may not be answered.I will answer questions that I feel will help the community as a whole.. I can only answer medical questions in a general form. No specific answers can be given. Please consult a podiatrist, therapist, orthopedist, or sports medicine physician in your area for specific questions.