- Dr Richard Blake
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- I have been a podiatrist for 34 years now and I am excited about sharing what I have learned on this blog. I love to exercise, especially basketball and hiking. I love to travel. I am very happily married to Patty, and have 2 wonderful sons Steve and Chris, a great daughter in law Clare, my new grandson Henry, and a grand dog Felix.
Link to Office Website
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Taping for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction/Tendinitis
This video presents the use of 2 inch Kinesiotape to help support the arch relaxing the pull of the posterior tibial tendon. The various injuries associated with over pronation and the posterior tibial tendon are helped with this taping technique. The injuries include (although not exclusive): posterior or medial shin splints, posterior tibial tendinitis, os tibial externum syndrome, arch strain, and tibial stress fractures. This form of taping is a common adjunct to stable shoes, orthotic devices, and power lacing. For those of you unfamiliar with power lacing, the video below shows this powerful stabilizing technique.
- ► 2015 (153)
- ► 2014 (218)
- ► 2013 (290)
- ► 2012 (262)
- Quiz Answers #2: Answers to Daily Sports Medicine ...
- Quiz #2: Daily Sports Medicine Quiz
- Gradual Process of Weaning Out Of A Cast/Removable...
- Answers to Daily Sports Medicine Quiz #1
- Quiz #1: Daily Sports Medicine Quiz
- Heel Pain and Physical Therapy Modialities
- Stationary Bike Seat Height for Injury Rehabilitat...
- Achilles Tendon/Plantar Fascia Injuries: Role of C...
- Anatomy of the Posterior Tibial Tendon
- Taping for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction/Ten...
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction: Important Mus...
- Taping for Achilles Injuries (Longer Version)
- Achilles Tendon Injuries and Zone of Ischemia
- Evaluation of Heel Pain
- Taping for 2nd Metatarsal Pain
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Strengthening Exercises
- Fatigued?? Overworked?? No Time for Friends??
- Taping for Achilles Tendinitis
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction: Email Answer
- Low Dye Taping Modifications
- ▼ June (20)