My name is Sophie. I live in Chicago, IL. I am 30 years old. And when I turned about 25, I began seeing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy. I have burning, numbness, tingling, and pins in needles in my feet and legs. Decreased sensation to temperature in my legs. It's all of an unknown cause. So it's very scary. I do not have diabetes and have been tested for dozens of other illnesses, all of which come back with clean test results. Which is great. I have read a lot of your blog. I need a doctor of your caliber to see on a regular basis. Do you know of anyone in the Chicago-area that operates their practice like you do? It seems so important to you to look at the big picture, spend LOTS of time listening and advocating for your patients.
Just curious if you had a referral in my area. I'll continue to research, read your blog and stay hopeful!
Dr Blake's comment: I am sure someone on this member list of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine shares my philosophy. Here is the link. Unfortunately, I do not know someone directly. You could also call the William Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago and see whom specializes in peripheral neuropathy.
Sophie (name changed)
Sophie, I am attaching various links from my blog on aspects on this complex problem and I am so sorry my response to your email has been so slow. Read through these posts and see if anything makes sense, and send me more of your thoughts also. The basics that you need to do on a daily basis that are listed below are:
- Neural Flossing three times a day
- Apply Neuro Eze or similiar topical 4 times daily
- Do pelvic/core strengthening to stabilize your lower spine AMAP
- Take daily supplements that help with nerve sensitivity
- Make sure your bone density is great.
- Perform weight bearing exercise daily to stimulate the nervous system
- Make sure you are not Gluten intolerant or another cause of nerve inflammation
- Experiment with mediation, accupuncture, biofeedback, chiropractic which all have success stories with peripheral neuropathy