- Spica Taping to limit dorsiflexion of the big toe joint.
- Ice or contrast bathing up to 3 times per day to control the swelling.
- Accommodative padding in all shoegear to protect the sore area.
- A removable cast to use when needed (need to be able to completely eliminate pain when necessary for several days.
- A diet with good levels of Calcium (1500mg/day) and Vit D (400 units/day).
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Sesamoid Fractures: Top 5 Home Treatments
CT Scan of Big Toe Joint showing 2 normal sized sesamoids under the first metatarsal head. They can be very vulnerable to injury due to their position.
What are the top 5 home treatments when you have healing (healed) sesamoid fractures? They are: